Aggrotank

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join the Aggrotank Forums! Make new friends, join the revolution, and stay connected with unique ideas, contests, and giveaways!

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 19 on Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:58 pm

Become A Sponsor

2 posters

Beware The Batman

Jason Tyler
    Jason Tyler
    Big Boss
    Big Boss

Experience Points : 117

Beware The Batman Empty Beware The Batman

Post  Jason Tyler Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:11 am

Beware The Batman Beware10

My first reaction was that I did not like how this teaser image looked, but it has been growing on me. The series is said to be darker then it's previous animated series. Though DC does not specify which Batman animated series, based on the CG style I think it is safe to say that this is a new take on the Batman: The Animated Series. It would seem that the CG series are the new wave of DC's cartoons as kicked off by Green Lantern: The Animated Series.

Beware The Batman Green_10

In my opinion this is a smart move. The Justice League, Superman, and Batman animated cartoons were so iconic in their look that they hadn't changed the overall style in nearly a decade and the age was starting to show even if the animation got better. This is a great way to keep that iconic feel that many fans of the original series still hold in high regard while putting a new coat of paint.

Also, as DC is quoted below, they also have a new fresh cast of villains for the Batman. It would be foolish to think that they wouldn't have classics like the Joker, or Mr. Freeze in this series but they are stressing a focus on newer, less used villains from the cartoon world.

As Quoted From DC's Blog:
    "A cool, new take on the classic Dark Knight franchise, Beware the Batman incorporates Batman’s core characters with a rogues gallery of new villains not previously seen in animated form. Along with backup from ex-secret agent Alfred and lethal swordstress Katana, the Dark Knight faces the twisted machinations of Gotham City’s criminal underworld led by the likes of Anarky, Professor Pyg, Mister Toad and Magpie. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, this action-packed detective thriller deftly redefines what we have come to know as a “Batman show.” Featuring cutting-edge CGI visuals to match the intricate twists and turns of the narrative, Batman steps out of the shadows and into the spotlight for an entirely new generation of fans. With WBA’s Sam Register executive producing, and Batman Beyond’s Glen Murakami and Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated’s Mitch Watson producing, Beware the Batman, based on characters from DC Comics, is coming soon to Cartoon Network!"
    Source: DC Comics

Beware The Batman Beware11
    NightGoblinShaman
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Experience Points : 12

Beware The Batman Empty Re: Beware The Batman

Post  NightGoblinShaman Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:19 pm

Unfortunately, I would have to agree with you that I do not like the look of this. I still will give it a try in hopes that it will surprise me.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 pm